The Mythsterhood Podcast and Blog
Welcome to the Mythsterhood blog and podcast!
Join us in Discord
Are you ready to get to know the team behind the Mythsterhood and other Mythsters who are passionate about stories, legends, and myths? Then we welcome you to our Discord server. You can hang out, talk about mythology, and get sneak previews of our episode art.
What’s a Mythster?
The Mythsters are a small group dedicated to uncovering the similarities and differences among mythologies around the world. We enjoy reading about mythological creatures, especially when we find something that repeats in several different cultures. But perhaps the best moments are those when we find a truly unique aspect about an otherwise familiar creature.
What Do we Do?
The Mythsterhood of the Travellings tales explores the various creatures and beings in mythologies around the world, area by area, from East to West. Each sort of creature will be covered separately in podcast and blog episodes across a season.
What is a season? For us, a season will be around 9 months, give or take a couple of weeks. Just long enough for each mythological creature to fully form in your mind and heart.
For our first season, we’re covering all sorts of dragons, from the typical and stereotypical, to the obscure and unknown. We’re also taking a look at the creatures that may be related, in one way or another, from dragons in that area’s mythology and folklore.
Along with our episodes, we’re exploring how these wonderful and awe-inspiring creatures influence and appear in popular culture, sometimes in ways we may not have realised before. Plus short story and book reviews of those featuring or starring dragons, both good and bad, in epic tales to feed your imagination.
And we’re asking you, our Mythsters, to join us in discussing these and many, many more with each episode.
How? Easily! Sign up to our newsletter below so you never miss a thing, and become the dragon of your choice on Patreon to gain access to the bonus posts as well as extra and exclusive goodies.
Support the Mythsterhood Podcast
There are so many ways you can get involved with the Mythsterhood. You can share our podcast and blog with others, interact with us on social media, or support us financially through Patreon.
Our Patreon has several tiers that allow you to give what you feel comfortable with while getting bonuses such as access to our Discord server, Mythsterhood swag, and more.
If you prefer to give a one-time donation to support our website, you can do so through PayPal. We appreciate whatever type of support you choose.
Musings from the Mythsters
Blog posts to accompany our podcast, including articles on mythical creatures in pop culture, short story reviews, and bonus posts based on the areas we’ve covered in each episode. Because we know you Mythsters need more.
- Here Be A Dragon!What a fine day to greet clouds, is it not? Well, allow me to make it more interesting. A few months ago, the hydra decided on a dragon poster to celebrate the end of our first season of The Mythsterhood of Travelling Tales podcast. We’re not yet there, but that’s not going to stop us from making it a month-or-so celebration. The poster was recently completed and I, for one, cannot wait to share it with all our Mythsters!
- Mythsterhood, Episode 20, Dragons of ScandinaviaTo view this content, you must be a member of The’s Patreon at $1 or more Unlock with PatreonAlready a qualifying Patreon member? Refresh to access this content.
- Dragon Hybrids from Greek mythologySo, with a slight delay while we catapulted some of life’s lemons back to whence they came, we’ve finally come to the promised blog post about some of the hybrid dragons encountered in Greek mythology.
Check Out the Mythsterhood Podcast
Our first podcast will go live on this year’s midsummer solstice: June 21, 2020. Be sure to come check it out!
Welcome to Mythsterhood of the Travelling Tales. Join us as we roar the heavens and swim the seas in search of the spectacular and magical. Like the Hydra of Greek lore, our teeth can raise the dead, bringing lost skeletons back to life for an episode or two. But unlike our three-headed friend, we’re not guarding the door to the underworld. No. We’re blasting it wide open, and asking you to come explore with us.
- Episode 19: Dragons of Central Europe
- Episode 18: Dragons of the Mediterranean
- Episode 17: Dragons of the Balkans
Check out our awesome loot at our Redbubble store to wrap yourself up in your own myth. We’ve got it all: t-shirts, stickers, mugs, pillows, art prints, cups, bottles, tablet and iPad covers, phone cases and wallets… you name it and we’ll put it up! We’ve even got our MythsterMap available so you can travel the world with us through each episode.
Strut your stuff and flex your talons with your Mythster gear hoard. Be the envy of Smaug himself.